Tuesday, January 26, 2010

mask

i made a mask for myself one day,

so colorful,filled with glee

but beneth the surface lies another

aspect of my personailty.


nobody sees me cry

because i designed the mask to be smiling

nobody sees the pain

because i made the mask for lying.


beneath the smiles are tears and madness

and behind the joy are fears and sadness

everything that you think you see

is not everything that there is within me.


i once removed my heavy mask

in a place where nobody can see,at last.

i looked in a mirror as tears dropped to the floor

i asked myself, "why can't i just be me once more?"


my face was hot and sweaty,marked with a line

because i wore it for a long,long period of time

i told myself not to wear it again

and learn from its lessons every now and then.

very soon i'll shine,

and would finally stick to this real beauty of mine...


1 comment: